“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives – choice, not chance, and determines your destiny.”
With these profound thoughts in mind, we, stand before you with sanguinity, inventive acts ,commitment to excellence and accountability for nurturing and teaching our Mayorites. It is truly an honour to present the school’s annual report for the academic year 2021-22
Excellence in academics is the hallmark of our institution and we are proud and elated to say that we are always on upward trajectory when it comes to academic merit.
- Academic Performance Our industrious students have made the entire school as well as their parents proud by passing the examination with flying colours, under the aegis of sincere and dedicated educators.
- The school attained 100% result in grade XII and X Board Examination 2021-22. In XII Science Stream, Nimish Mahajan scored 95.6% and bagged the first position, followed by Sahib Singh 94.4%. Sarisha Arora stood third with 92.%.
- In Commerce Stream, Manya Jain bagged the first position with 98.2%, closely followed by Jayant Jain at second position with 96.6%. The third position was secured by Karaneet Kaur Bakshi who got 96.2%
- In Humanities Stream, Harleen Kaur bagged the first position with 95.8%, the second position was secured by Ridhiman with 95%.
- Raghav Sharma, Manya Jain and Soumil Bansal in Business Studies; Manya Jain in Accountancy ; Ridhiman Singh Jaiswal and Karneet Kaur Bakshi in Psychology ; Paro Nayyar, Mehul Bhalla and Harleen Kaur in Music scored 100% and brought laurels to the school.
- For Class X students, 1st position was clinched by Rusham Jain (98.8 %), whereas the second was shared by Sakhi Gupta and Sjonum Walia with (98.6%) and the third position was held by Sohum Jain (97.6%).
- Acing her Mathematics and Computer Applications exam Rusham Jain scored 100% in both subjects. Harneet Kaur scored 100% in Science while Soham Jain also scored 100% in Computer Applications.
- Mayor world school has an aim to transform its students into global citizens and hence has a curriculum, guided by themes of global significance. Our students expand their learning by developing their conceptual understandings, strengthening their knowledge and skills across, and beyond subject areas.
To harness the quality of learners’ attitudes in children and to make them gather in-depth knowledge regarding the subject,and prepare them for a great career ahead,every year,the School organises National and International level Olympiads in diverse disciplines like Mathematics, Science, Computers, English, Environment and many more. These exams provide an absolute assessment of students’ knowledge and motivate them towards academic improvement. Bagging gold, silver and bronze medals, Mayorites exhibited their zeal for learning and proved their mettle in varied Olympiads in the session 2021-22.
3. LEARNING BEYOND BOOKS
The pandemic might have closed the school building for a while but the celebration and learning never shut down. With the perseverance and determination of its highly motivated educators Mayor World organised many significant events.
- The Inter-House Super Spellathon, for grade VI to VIII was organised at Mayor World School. It was a quiz based on English language, literature and grammar.
- Our tiny tots of Mayor Galaxy contributed to the healthier and greener earth and observed Earth Day virtually with avidity. They planted a young sapling and showered their love and commitment towards their mother earth.
- Nurturing and imbibing the reading culture among the students, Mayor World School took an initiative and organised ‘Readathon’ activity on World Book Day through digital platform.
- The Mayor Galaxy celebrated the completion of 100 days of its little Mayorites at school, with pomp and splendour.
- To promote experiential learning, we celebrated social science, Mathematics and language weeks with great ardour. Varied engaging activities encouraged the students to look beyond the confines of the textual knowledge and experience pragmatic learning.
- The tiny – tots of Mayor Galaxy school showcased Euphoria to spread joy among school community. They presented a melodious symphony which awakened everyone’s feelings and kindled a sense of love and happiness amongst everyone. Their scintillating dance performance touched everyone’s heart as it took them into the memory lane of their glorious childhood.
- To pay a well-deserved tribute to the ‘work and workers’, variety of sundry activities were conducted, ranging from making piggy banks to discussion on importance of labour on the eve of Labours Day.
- The students of Mayor Galaxy celebrated the Mother’s Day by offering salutation to all the super mothers through Walk of Pride and wrote letters to showcase their gratitude and affection.
- Mayor World School arranged a dynamic field excursion to various Heritage Sites for engaging students and giving them mind stimulating experiences and enriching them with their culture and heritage. The Heritage Walk helped in positive enrichment, curriculum expansion, strengthening of observation skills, and subject wise knowledge expansion along with raising awareness among students.
- A rejuvenating yoga session was conducted in the school premises on International Yoga Day for support staff and facilitators to promote mental health and spread the message of peace and harmony.
- The diverse culture was portrayed by celebrating a VIRTUAL FOOD MELA on the occasion of 74 th Independence Day.
- The Mayor Galaxy organised a spectacular Carnival – Diwali Fest an explosion of colours encompassing sheer entertainment with encouraging activities, delicious food items and several riveting activities for the parent community.
- Our school believes in holistic development hence various learning engagements were conducted on the occasion of Janmashtmi, Guru Nanak Jyanti and Christmas to make students aware about their rich culture and heritage.
- Virtual Neer Mahotsav a week-long festival was organised by the Mayor World School to display magnificent ideas on how to use water sustainably. Around two hundred fifty students and near about twenty-eight schools of North India participated zestfully.
Co- curricular activities engaged students in engagements with an emphasis on interdisciplinary instructions; these activities strives to encourage students to become lifelong apprentices and dynamic citizens with a global standpoint.
- A special appreciation to Sanchit Chanana. His hard work and persistence proved to be fruitful as he bagged third position in Super Dancer, Season 4. Sanchit has massive followers on Instagram and YouTube with almost 1.23 million subscribers. His video collaborated with Tiger Shroff has gone viral and has earned him earnest admiration.
- Mayor World School’s deep seated child centric approach has mushroomed Chinmaye Jain into a versatile singer who has proved his mettle on many prominent stages.
- Drisha Jain’s pursuit in chasing perfection and excellence in every dance move has bagged her 1 st position Inter School Kathak Dance Competition and on several esteemed pageants.
- Saiba’s fineness and gracious footwork has proved in carving its stamp on various state and national level dancing platforms
- The Indomitable spirit of Mayorites with their untiring energy and intensive endeavours enthralled the spectators at the Interschool Fest ‘Synergy’ organised by Mayoor School Noida’ and brought glory to the school.
- Our intellectual team of Mayorites showcased their technical prowess and etched their mark in the interschool technical fest ‘Battle of Titans’ hosted by the Mayoor school Noida.
5. SPORTS ARE QUINTESSENTIAL FOR PHYSICAL AS WELL AS MENTAL HEALTH. OUR MAYORTIES DOMINATED VARIOUS PLAYING FIELDS AND MADE US PROUD WITH THEIR ACE PERFORMANCES.
- The sixth Senior Soft Tennis Championship Men and Women 2021 was organised by Life Tennis Academy, Bhatinda. Rubab Kaur of grade XI bagged first position and Prabhjot Kaur and Harneet Kaur shared 2nd position.
- Ryan Haster took part in Open Punjab State Athletic Tournament held in Jalandhar and added another feather to the proverbial cap of the school by grabbing second position.
- Harmehar singh Lally our very own trailblazer shooter participated in National Shotgun shooting competition organised by Indian Shooting Sport Federation and captured 1st position along with hearts of its audience.
- Gurbani Singh Star, the Crown jewel of the Mayor World, participated in National Bogey Sports India and Middle East tournament at Junior and Amateur level held at Chandigarh and grabbed 2nd position with her excellent shots.
- The 103rd national Albatross Golf tournament was held in Chandigarh and Arnav Chaudary swayed the audience with his power pack performance and snatched 2nd position.
- In the 6th Junior Punjab State Soft Tennis held in Ludhiana Our girls team comprising Divneet Kaur and Nandita Tangri dominated the court and captured 2nd position in individual doubles, girls. Nandita Tangri also bagged 2nd position followed by Prisha Sekhri who bagged 3rd position in the championship. Also, our girls team which includes Divneet Kaur, Prisha Sekri, Nandita Tangri , Chahna Kundra, Ada Arora, Mehr Kalyanpur and Ganeev Kaur was nothing short of Miracle and grabbed 1st position while our boys team comprising of Ruhaan Arora, Kritagya Kaushal , Medhansh Thapar , Naman Sachdeva, Krishav Mehra and Amay Dixit grabbed second position and contributed to the team’s success.
6. ENRICHMENT PROGRAMME FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
It is vital for teachers to examine their teaching techniques prudently that can help them structure their ideation. Hence, a number of virtual seminars and workshops were conducted to transform the concepts into reality and to enable the educators to face challenges with positive outlook.
- The School organised a stress management workshop- Happiness Mantra for members of the staff. The workshop was conducted by a renowned Psychologist, Dr. Atul Madan.
- To harness the full potential of mind, an Art of Living workshop was organised for students and educators to process the reality of the ‘new normal’. The enriching session was facilitated by the well-trained team.
- An extensive workshop was organised by CBSE for educators and the management, outlining the requirement of inclusion in classroom, capacity building and multiple intelligence teaching strategies to cater to the need of diversity in the classroom.
- A webinar on’Leading schools through an age of disruption’ was organised for the educators by Mayo College General Council, Ajmer. The main speakers of the session were Lieutenant General Surender Kulkarni, Director Mayo College Ajmer; Mr. Navin Dixit, Educational Consultant Mayo College General Council, Ajmer; Ms Sarita Madhok, Director, Mayor World School Jalandhar; and Ms Shivani Gupta, Principal Mayoor School, Shree Ganganagar.
- In collaboration with Mayo College Ajmer, our team comprising six students from Grade 9 and 10 did a 35 day project work on Therapeutic powers of Music to heal Mental Health with Ms.Jasmine, Shrivastav,Head, Department of Science as their mentor. During this project, the students explored the varied ways the music works on our mind and body and successfully exhibited their analytical project report.
- An informative career Counselling session was hosted under the aegis of a celebrated Counsellor, Mr. Saurabh Gupta. The session was paramount for the learners of 21st century and was bound to spark ideas and expedite thinking in a rapidly changing and increasingly international and digital workplace
7. Awards and Accolades.
- Here is another crowning achievement to our credit! Proud to share that Mayor World School has been featured as one of the Leading Educational Institutes of India by the Outlook Business Magazine in November Edition.
- On the basis of extensive student and stakeholder surveys, Mayor World School has been certified as a “GREAT PLACE TO STUDY” by the Global League Institute at the House of Commons, London.
- The Deputy Vice Principal, Ms.Charu Trehan and the Headmistress Mayor Galaxy,Ms.Aarti Gulati have been honoured with Nation Builders Award by the Rotary Club.
- Ms Aarti Salota Head of Computer Department, has been awarded as a Google Certified Educator and trainer is amongst the top two educators in Punjab.
- Our School has once again carved out a niche for itself as it received the much-coveted International School Award from British Council.
8. COMMUNITY SERVICE
“There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed.” Words of Woodrow Wilson echoes in mind of our Mayorites and learnt that philanthropy is not an option but the way of existence.
- A cleanliness drive was conducted by senior students to make their school surroundings a litter free zone.
- Our eco warriors have conducted plantation drive and planted various trees to fight the climate change and defend their mother earth.
- Enthusiastic Mayorites painted and decorated earthen diyas for Joy of Giving week and put them for sale in the school. The money collected was donated to an NGO Goonj.
- The Mayor World school organised the blood donation camps annually to provide opportunities and inspire young people to donate blood voluntarily.
- Mayor World School contributes to the smile foundation to fuel the dreams of numerous children diagnosed with Cancer.
- Revamping of Mayor Galaxy Mayor Galaxy has been refurbished and a new commodious activity room has been created for young Mayorites to add inquisitiveness and creativity to their learning.
- Inaugration of shooting range by Harmehar Singh Lally. Mayor World School made its first move to promote shooting at the school level with the launch of an indoor shooting range on the school campus. Our talented National level Shooter,Harmehar Singh Lally , presently studying at School in Grade XII, inaugurated the Shooting Range.
10. Celebrating Health Hope and Happiness , Mayor World School organised its one of a kind cycling event – “Cyclotrack” .As many as 600 enthusiastic cyclists from all walks of life, stroked their pedals through the beautiful city covering six kilometre long route with energy and vigour.
11. Ebullience and zest cocooned the purlieu of Mayor World School as it hosted Mayorite Cricket League T10 for all the extraordinary and most endearing fathers of the Mayorites. MCL has become a hallmark of the Mayor World for gargantuan participation and overwhelming response.
All the good work of the school has been possible with the able guidance and encouragement of the School Management. A sincere thanks to our highly qualified and dedicated educators without whom the school would not have reached the pinnacle of success. We at Mayor World, reinvent and resuscitate the process of learning. In keeping with our motto of “INSPIRING EXCELLENCE” we urge our students to seek originality and break mediocrity. We propagate pragmatic learning with ethics and values. We believe in “shared leadership” which supports the professional growth of all.