Mayor World School aims to be an institution of excellence, where education is child-centred, ethical and robust; with an environment which is stimulating, friendly and cultivates a passion for learning, fosters a sense of wonder and curiosity; cares for and accepts diversity and where children will recognise and achieve their fullest potential in a liberal landscape of learning.
- In keeping with our motto of “INSPIRING EXCELLENCE” we urge our students to seek originality and break mediocrity. We also understand that our children must aspire to be culturally rooted yet internationally aware. Our curriculum reflects this aim.
- True education inculcates in children, a sense of responsibility and consideration for others. We teach our students to learn to enjoy doing the right thing.
- Inculcating a respect for work and human dignity is another objective we strive for. Children are taught the value of work ethics and community service.
- Our aim is to bring out the best in every student. We trace and follow their academic progress in an enriched environment and enable them to develop their talents. We believe that it is important to teach a child but it is even more important to make him want to learn and be a compassionate thinker.
- We believe in “shared leadership” which supports the professional growth of all.
OUR CORE VALUES
At Mayor World, our values are embedded in everything that we do and how we do it.
Our six core values are-
Passion for Excellence- We set high yet realistic expectations which we constantly readjust to assist student progress as learners. We expect our staff to provide a dynamic and rewarding learning experience for our students. While shunning mediocrity, we guide everyone to think, reflect, innovate and collaborate to achieve excellence.
Respect for All-To this end, we create policies and practices that are fair and just and provide opportunities to all regardless of race, religion, gender, age, marital status, national origin, economic status or disability. We appreciate the value of a person through word, action and attitude. We promote respect for learning and property.
Collaboration- We create a co-operative School environment where students are both active and interactive learners. We maintain open channels for sharing ideas and receiving feedback from parents and the great community.
Integrity- We strive to be truthful, fair and trustworthy in our words and actions – doing as we say and saying as we do. Our faculty regularly uses the curriculum to instill a sense of integrity in our students.
Accountability- We take responsibility for the lives entrusted in our care to drive accountability for our actions. Our code of discipline is based on resolution and reconsideration.
Cooperative and lasting Relationships – While developing the creative and problem solving skills of the students, we provide strong partnerships for the child and teacher, enabling all to achieve success and happiness.
THE MAYOR WORLD ETHOS – Culture and Climate
While the School prepares students for life, it also aims at grooming children, to equip them with values and principles and help promote virtues of fortitude, temperance and justice. Mayor World School provides a cosmos that is culturally rich, intellectually stimulating and as caring as it is challenging. The Mayor World class room encourages students to develop a spirit of enquiry, to search and learn through their own initiatives. A committed faculty closely guides the children at all times.
In the Sports field, students are taught to raise the bar of decency. No shortcuts to success and no rewards for cheating. In defeat, there is an important lesson to be learnt and it is important to display grace in victory.